- 1 tablespoon grated beeswax (cosmetic grade only!)
- 2 tablespoons shea, cocoa or mango butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 drops of Vitamin E oil
- 15 drops of essential oil of choice (peppermint for a cooling and refreshing balm)
- Put about an inch of water in the bottom of a small pan and turn on medium heat.
- Place a small jar in the water, being careful not to get in water inside the jar (or use a double boiler).
- Place all ingredients except the essential oils inside the glass jar and melt.
- When all ingredients are melted, stir well and turn off heat.
- Leave jar in the water to keep warm.
- Stir in the essential oils.
- Use a glass dropper to quickly fill the containers (leave the jar in the water with heat off).
- The mixture will settle slightly as it cools, so top-off the containers after about 2 minutes.
- Let sit without touching for several hours or until completely hardened.
- Store in a cool dry place (they will last for at least a year if stored correctly).
- Reused Altoid Mini tins
- Reused lip balm tubes or jars
- New lip balm tubes